Monday, October 21, 2013

The Work Rut

I guess for some of us, the work rut is just a habit.  A really bad habit that we fall --- no plunge into head first.  The trucking had been very busy for nearly four months and guess what feel to the wayside while it was so busy.  You got it, my health.

Now if this was the first time, or the second time, I allowed…yes willingly allowed, my work schedule to dictate my health I could say, “oh, my bad…”  But for me, this is just the same old rut…the one I very comfortably go back to.  I work like a dog and run myself ragged looking after the kids and everybody BUT MYSELF.

Well, guess what?  As usual, it has caught up with me.  The loads starting slowing down and as usual, I started fretting.  Oh, my gosh…no loads! What will we do?  And as usual, eventually during praying (more like talking to God) I finally got the message.  He must think I am so dense.  Duh…maybe the work has slowed down because I need to slow down.

It was like a smack right between the eyeballs.  Yes, I did partially quit my full time job to help Scott with the business.  But mostly, I quit to have more time to REST and to invest the rest of my time into my children and family.  A decision made after many long arduous hours of prayer.

Since I didn’t have as many loads to bill, this Sunday afternoon the girls and I went to the park.  The park that has a playground, walking trails, four super nice basketball goals, soccer fields, softball fields…and only about 3 miles from the house.  Maddie, Carlee and I shot hoops while AnnaB played her heart out on the monkey bars.

Well, I shagged balls while Maddie and Carlee worked on shooting drills.  The weather was cool and we enjoyed just getting out.  We are planning to go back today weather and homework permitting.  And I’m looking forward to my one-armed woman ball shagging date with my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment