Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I NEED to be Baking

Really…like I should be mixing up some cookie dough right now.  But I have nowhere to put my beautiful creations.  That’s right; my cookies are purty to me!  And since I don’t have a freezer up here in the trailer hood, I’m pondering what to do. 

Do I buy a used freezer or find an economical new one?  I really can’t afford a new upright and the chest type is difficult for my 1 ½ arm self.  The upright back in Camilla is old and very heavy.  It also have been moved several times.  From Jasper to Winder, from Winder to Mimi’s and then over to the 285.   The hubby is concerned about moving it again with all the bouncing and jostling around.

Of course, he votes for a brand new freezer.  And I, being frugal, would rather buy used.  (Keep the cheap comments to yourself.) Chest type freezers are much less expensive than uprights.  Of course, I also know that I need to think about the long term rather than just being cheap.  It’s not like my mobility is going to magically improve.  Can’t you just see the girls come skipping in off the bus to find me upside down IN the freezer?  Well I can!

In the mean time, the month of November is marching on and quickly at that.  I need to get the bowls out and the mixer going.  I’ve got to bake myself into the Christmas spirit.  I need to hear some Martina McBride Christmas CD (which has gone missing, again!)  It is the most awesome CD of classic Christmas songs with some of my favorites such as O Holy Night!  Sigh.

Guess I can get in this little freezer and try to arrange things and make me some room.  Maybe I can get a container or two of cookies in there while I think through this expenditure.  First up is the classic snicker doodle with my top secret ingredient.  Y’all want pictures and the recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment