Monday, September 10, 2012

Primal Scream….Cleaning and Organizing

It just doesn’t feel like I’m making any progress…I have been steadily working on the kitchen, mainly because it is my favorite place.  Y’all ever met a fat girl that wasn’t happy in the kitchen??  Alrighty then.  Plus my kids really like to eat.  Sometimes I swear I’m feeding three teenage boys.  Their older brother liked to eat but these “growing” girls almost put him to shame!

So far I have cleaned out my bottom cabinets.  I have a whole bin of mismatched bowls and lids.  I am trying to reduce these.  If they have stains or look a bit used, in the garbage they go!  I rearranged the bottom three cabinets but would like to add some pull drawers or wire pull out baskets to help with organizing as well as my “cripple-itis”.  I looked at some from Lowes…they would make me a great birthday present later this month.  Hint Hint, honey!!

The orphaned lonely bowls and lids.
I still have one corner of my cabinets that I just can’t seem to get “cleaned off”.  This is where my crock pot also resides.  I’m hoping to make some more kitchen progress this week.  My goals are:

1.       Get that corner cleaned out…finally!!

2.       Start on upper cabinets.  This will take longer, there are more of them.

3.      Get a new red dish drain.  My old one will be re-purposed to the camper.  I like red and   just want a pretty new one.

4.       Clean out the refrigerator, a fate worse than I’m not really sure

5.       Tackle the pantry. Not going to happen this week.  But it makes the list!!

The Rest of the House
This is where things get a little bit tricky.  See, I’ve asked my darling daughters to assist with chores for the past two weeks.  Apparently, they only hear VERY LOUD YELLING.  And do not understand the relationship between working, not working and hunger.  So I am making them a chore list.  It MUST be completed by Saturday noon.  If not, two things will happen.

Consequence numero uno: Not football game for them Saturday night.

Consequence numero dos: a reduction of my dollars contributed to their college savings. Say what?  Oh, I’m a mean, mean momma.  Puhlease.  They can either help in this house or I will reduce what I sacrifice for college savings and pay someone to help me keep the house clean.
The principal is work now or work later when your friends are playing.  Pick one.  I don’t care.  Just sweep, mop and clean your own toilet. Load and unload the dishwasher.  Simple stuff.  That’s a mighty fine deal.  Once I wish someone had made me.

Personally, I feel that I’ll be calling someone very shortly to help with some cleaning.  But at least I’m willing to give the little angels a chance!
 
In all of this cleaning, I found my wedding silverware.  We have never used it.  Since most of my forks have vanished, I decided it was about time to use the good stuff.  What have I been saving it for? IF RAD has a positive point, I’ve learned to not put off some things, like using the good forks, knives and spoons.  Becky
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment