Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Furniture List for Craig’s List or Thrift Stores

Since I’ve given up on traditional furniture shopping, I’ve decided to post my list that I will be looking for online and at thrift stores in the next few months.

1. Dining room table with six chairs…need a really good sized table and would like a table big enough for 8 chairs. 
2. Sleeper sofa or sectional with a sleeper…gotta have extra room for Mimi and Poppy.  Although she claims the camper will be her “guest” house!

3. Two full size loft beds…yes my beloved and a friend will build these.  We also need two desks, two chests and one large mirror for the “prettiest” child.  Her words, not mine. For the first time the two teens will be sharing a room. Extra prayers for me!
4. We are debating the benefits of a bunk bed/trundle bed or raised bed with storage for one child.  She can’t make up her mind other than she wants pink, purple and zebra!!  Won’t that be bright!

5. Of course, a big concern is a washer and dryer.  Ours are pushing 8 years old.  They have been a great set and have done tons of laundry.  I found a local place that sells last year models and reconditioned sets for a great price.  I’m budgeting for a “like” new set of uprights.  I’m crossing my fingers and hoping for a red set.  I also want an upright freezer. 
Per Mr. Germ-phobic, I will break down and budget for all new mattresses.  I thought my idea of blow up mattresses was excellent…no way the kids could hide stuff under their beds.  Looks like I’m getting vetoed on that as well.

There are a few kitchen things we will pack, but it’s not going to be an all-out packing marathon. The girls and I are looking forward to plundering the excellent thrift stores in and around Athens.  We are blessed to have my Mother’s retirement camper to stay in while we assemble our furniture.  It is certainly making the move less stressful for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Craigs list really helps, Putting your furniture store in the list really makes sense

    ReplyDelete