Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Lava Cake

So simple, but oh so yummy.  I first had this at a Pampered chef party.  I didn’t actually go to the party, but I was able to enjoy the leftovers in the company break room.  By far, for those of us with chocolate addiction issues…or those who take horrific meds like prednisone every day, this is a quick easy way to get a fix.

The ingredients are basic and simple:  One box of your choice of chocolate cake mix plus ingredients to mix it up and once can of chocolate frosting.  Please folks…don’t all rush to Harvey’s or Wal-Mart right now…y’all cause a traffic jam!
Mix up the cake according to the directions.  Pour into a greased or sprayed ceramic or stone baking dish.  Dot the mix with the can of frosting.  Cook in microwave for 12-14 minutes. 

Important Note: Watch your microwave and try to use a dish that will spin.  If you bake ware is too large to spin, then take out the dish and rotate it half way through the cook time.  My microwave cooks “hot”.  So my cake was done after about 12 minutes.



I baked my lava cake in my PC beautiful red stoneware baking dish.  I’d had it for several years and NOT ever used it.  Shame on me.  After a wash with hot water, it was baptized by chocolate lava.  And boy was it awesome with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. 
The best part of this dessert, not only is it easy it’s so quick!!  I can see this being a big hit during the summer for cookouts.  It would also be easy for camping since I used a whisk to mix and not an electric mixer.  The only thing that could have made this better would have been a sprinkle of some toasted pecans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment