Monday, April 8, 2013

Gettin my kilter strait

Not only was last week spring break, we also had a death in our family.  So it was a very busy week.  The girls and I tried to do what we could for my Mama and her sisters.  Mainly, we cleaned her house Wednesday and Thursday and did some shopping for her.  Visitation was Thursday evening and Services were Friday morning. 

The girls were close to their great uncle and I felt it was important that they spend as much time with our family as possible.  I am very proud to say that for the most part, they behaved very well and were also a great help in cleaning Mimi's house.

We have had a very hectic week and I'm feeling a bit off kilter.  A lot of the "list" for spring break didn't get accomplished.  This week might not be much better because I have quite a few tax returns to get done. So we are going to punt and revise the list.

First is the menu plan...we were either with family or eating on the run last week.  I tried sooo hard to stick with Weight watchers, but had a few temptations.  I just can't refuse a krispy kreme doughnut!  I've got to find some more healthy crock pot recipes. We will be trying a new one out this week...crock pot Sante Fe chicken. I will let y'all know how it turns out. But in the meantime, if you have any suggestions, please send them on.

Then we have school activities and practices. HC1 starts back her conditioning program after taking last week off, so I've got that schedule to work around as well as JV track meet Thursday (at home: smiley face!) and 6th grade concession stand duty Friday.

No it doesn't stop there...At the lovely hour of 8 a.m. HC1 has sports physical...in Oconee county Saturday morning.  There is no rest for the weary and I am beginning to wonder when I ever had time to work a full time job.

And the weeks after that are just as hectic. The end of the school year is just as busy busy as the beginning.  I pray that as we are all getting our kilter's straitened out and back in our regular routines, that we have a safe and blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment