Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Break Plans

Our Plans Have Changed. Again.
Well the weather and Scott’s trucking schedule just would not cooperate with our camping plans.  And I am not going to sit in the camper with three kids, my mama and the dog while it storms. 
There are other variables like I can’t put the awning down by myself quick enough in a storm.  (Learned the hard way at the beach.) So we will mostly be home this week with some trips to here and there sprinkled in.
In anticipation of spring break, I had cooked ahead plus grilled over at Mimi’s house Saturday night.  You might have heard a lot of ruckus Saturday and Sunday evenings over on Stadium Drive.  Mimi, HC1 and I were watching some amazing NCAA WBB upsets.  Like the Lady Dogs and Lady Cards.

We have lots of leftovers to get us through the week. Which means the kitchen is closed. There won’t be a lot of cooking going on this week.  Ahhh, the kitchen will stay clean for more than one day.

To make this a productive week, I have settled on three goals.

1.  Find the pool table.  I know it’s under there.  Somewhere. Under the Mount Mitchell of laundry.  I have done a great job of keeping it all washed and dried.  But we are suffering on the fold and put up side.

2.  Bake bread.  Yes Sir.  I plan to bake some bread.  I’ve assembled all of the ingredients and am trying to build up my confidence.  Baking real homemade bread is very intimidating.  But I am going to overcome this.

3.  A visit to Oconee County.  I’ve found about 4 or 5 rentals to look at and it is time we made a visit to start planning our transition for next school year.
4.  A weekly rotation of basic chores list.  My children are going to love this one. And I'm open to suggestions of how you have combined household duties/chores into your family's schedule

We have the usual dusting, sweeping and mopping to do.  Those jobs never seem to go away.  I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing week and enjoy your family time.  Where ever you choose to spend your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment