Thursday, April 18, 2013

Santa Fe Chicken Update

It was OK.  Nothing extraordinary, but OK.  Boo and I had our chicken over rice and the finicky eater made chicken nachos with hers.  We had homemade salsa and sour cream to "dress" it cup a little along with nacho chips.



It was definitely missing something.  I just can't quite put my finger on it.  Maybe I should have added ranch seasoning. I am open to suggestions on this one.  Boo recommended that we add some “soup” to it and make taco soup out of the leftovers.  I thought it was a great idea, but beginning to get a little warm for soup.

However, we did try the chicken as a filling for quesadillas and it was great!!  Even Miss Picky ate one!!  I warmed enough of the chicken to make about 3 small quesadillas, sprayed a non stick pan and added a little taco seasoned cheese.  It was very quick and easy.
Will I make this again?  I don’t know…maybe as the base for taco soup with chicken instead of beef or deer.  We had lots of leftovers, so I have put the rest in the freezer for another night.  Maybe we can have a build your own quesadilla night and break out the electric griddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment