Monday, August 27, 2012

It’s the Orange toes Football Mamas!!


Blog break for Football
My apologies for lack of posting, I will have a new post up later today if the schedule thingy works right…I will go home today at lunch to check it.

Everybody knows just how much I love me some car racing.  And probably always will.  To the point that if Tony Stewart called up and said I need the meanest accountant to ever work in motorsports, I’d haul tail strait to Charlotte.  No questions asked. 
My next love is Football.  And then God gave me three daughters.  I have no sons on the sidelines.  So I cheer like they are all mine!

I attended the first home game of the 2012 Westwood Wildcats football season Friday night.  And I have you know, I went very prepared:  Air horn, cowbell, pom poms and freshly painted Orange toes.  My horn ran out of air by the 3rd quarter.  Guess they aren’t made to last!!  Punted to the brand new bell (Thanks Twitty Feed n Seed).  And did a lot of yelling.
The Spirited Orange Toes
Fortunately for my health, the Cats had their claws out from the get go.  Only one mild cardiac moment in the 2nd quarter, the the Cougars scoring very quickly, twice. However, turned around the momentum of the game capitalizing on their opponents dropped punt with a touchdown.  We started the 2nd half receiving and marched right on down the field to score, chewing up nearly 8 minutes off the clock. That pretty much locked the W down.
I had not gotten my hopes up.  Being nerdy, I had done my homework and knew the opposition would be stout and could back up their 26 n 0 record.  I went to the game expecting a slug fest.  By no means am I saying it wasn’t a hard fought game, just that our Cats appeared better prepared and better conditioned.  Way to go boys and Coaches!

The O-line was stout and our running game was on the money.  The defense stopped Piedmont’s running game with some key tackles. It was awesome to see so many of the 9th and 10th graders making plays.  We have a lot of young talent out there.   Overall, I think it was a great game. 

So, I am optimistically excited about the Stratford game.  It may prove to be that cardiac event I have been dreading.  Again, I will be prepared…TWO air horns, my bell, my pom poms, baby aspirin and these bright Orange toes.  Go Cats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment