Thursday, August 16, 2012

Menu Update


Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
Stop whatever you are doing…read this.  I don’t remember the web site where I found the crock pot baked potatoes.  I'll even confess, I thought more like crack pot, that won’t ever work.  Color me wrong.  The potatoes were great, done all the way through and very soft unlike microwave baked potatoes, that can have hard dry spots.  And the kitchen was hot as hades while waiting on the potatoes to bake in the oven.  We will definitely have these again.

Ingredients
6 medium size baked potatoes
El cheapo aluminum foil
Crock pot
2 tablespoons water

I went home at lunch and washed the potatoes and wrapped each one in foil. I put about two tablespoons of water in the bottom of the crock pot.  Four potatoes across the bottom, two across the top.  Covered with a lid.  For some reason, my Aunt in Florida always puts a clean dish towels over the crock pot lid.  I guess to hold the heat in.  Turned it up on high and went back to work. 

AnnaBelle and I came home around 5 p.m. I figured well, if the potatoes aren’t done we can finish them off in the microwave.  I took a knife to check for doneness.  To my surprise the knife went all the way through two potatoes.  I turned them down on low until dinner time.

But were they good?  According to AnnaBelle and Maddie they were great.  The potatoes were almost steamed.  We topped the potatoes with Boston butt leftover from Sunday, steamed broccoli and shredded cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment