Thursday, August 2, 2012


Menu list for Back to School
I am a natural planner.  I like to have a Calendar and put everything on it.  I use the Calendars on my phone, the school’s google Calendars and several different ones for work.  Just love to have stuff written down.  Back to school is no exception.

So, I have started making a menu plan for the month of August.  It isn’t done yet…but when finished, I will attempt to post the calendar as well as the list of meals. The game plan is to utilize a monthly menu for ingredient shopping. Not only am I hoping to save time and trips to the grocery store, but I'm also hoping to avoid those last minute fast food runs. You know, rolling through the DQ drive thru because there is and I quote "nothing to eat in this house!"

I am trying to incorporate some precooking, the crock pot and casseroles.  I have found some great websites and am still looking for a few more kid friendly ideas of almost made from scratch meals. I am also looking for healthy ideas with fewer "processed" foods, more fruits and vegetables and even some meatless meals.

Suggestions are welcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment