Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bonus Post: Banana Nut Bread

I cleaned out the refrigerator and was appalled, ashamed and downright annoyed with myself at how much money I threw in the trashcan.  Several months ago, Scott cleaned out the camper fridge and all the stuff from it wound up in the house.  Add some very busy schedules and it became a glorified mess.

So I chunked at least a week’s worth of our grocery budget in the dump.  Sigh.

And then, two very ripe bananas started staring at me.  And staring.  I couldn’t throw them away.  Just couldn’t.
So they became this:


Recipe is from the Shared Secrets from Mitchell EMC.  If you don’t have this awesome recipe book, go get one.  I give them a lot as wedding presents.  It has many timeless recipes from some great ladies that are no longer with us.  You will use this book, dog ear the pages, splatter stuff on it and thoroughly enjoy it!

Banana Nut Bread (Gloria Davis)

2 cups plain flour
¼ tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. soda
1 ½ cup sugar (I used part white, part brown)
3 eggs
¼ cups sour milk (I used plain old skim)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup bananas, mashed
1 tsp. lemon juice (didn’t have any, so left out)
½ cup nuts, chopped (probably used a few more)

And "C" ate it all up.  She loved it.  Considering that she hasn’t been eating much these last few weeks, I was thrilled when she kept coming back for more.  FYI: I baked in my PC stone fluted tube stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment