Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Here we go Again!!

Mama is BACK!!
After taking a day to be pseudo lazy and rest, I am trying to get back in the groove of being at home again.  I stayed home from the time Maddie was 9 months old until we moved back down to Camilla.  And it is an adjustment.  Notice I didn’t say that I was not working during that time.  I did work, several part time jobs and stayed at home during the day with the M, C and the teenage son.
We somehow made it work back then and I figure we should be able to muddle through it again.  So here’s to motherhood, laundry, dishes and taxi driving, once again. (Raising coffee cup!!)

Project for the day...
I am making homemade brownie mix.  This is my effort to save some bucks AND to make sure that I can control the level of preservatives in my darling daughter’s foods, especially snacks.  I have been looking at a lot of the mix recipes on Pinterest and realized that I have the majority of the ingredients in my pantry…duh…no need to keep giving my money to Wal-Mart.

Brownie Mix
8 cups sugar (may reduce or use half splenda)
8 cups flour
4 cups cocoa
1 ½ cup milk powder
6 tsp. baking powder
1 ½ tsp. salt

Mix together and store in airtight container or your freezer

 To Bake:
2 ½ cup mix
½ cup oil
1/3 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg

For cake like brownies add 2 eggs

Will let you know how this comes out.  Mixing up today and hoping to bake a batch this afternoon for the trio of darling daughters.

This Week’s Projects…
1.       Mop the kitchen…and laundry room.  Missed it today so hoping tomorrow.
2.       See Kitchen counters…working on it a bit everyday
3.       Make Brownie Mix
4.       Make Soup Mix
5.       Make homemade clothes washing detergent

Next Week’s Projects
1.       Continue the kitchen and laundry cleaning and sorting
2.       Clean and find the other half of dining room table
3.       Steam mop dining room floors
4.       Make taco seasoning mix
5.       Menu planning….must start again!

RAD update…
I had some issues with the Arava and had to quit taking it.  I have applied to start a biologic in the next few weeks. Now, we are just trying to get all the paperwork done.  Left knee is totally shot, which is the reason for attempting to lose some lard.  Preserving mobility and quality of life has become a BIG priority in my life.

Last batch of blood work was ok.  I am still having some Vitamin D issues and iron issues.  I had hoped a better diet would help.  Guess I need to work harder on that one!
The Doc said not to go completely crazy and attempt to clean my entire house and yard in one week.  Like that ain’t happening.  I’d be ecstatic if the house was back to pseudo normal in a month! And not try to run a marathon either.  Hold off on those Zumba plans until I’ve walked a few weeks.   Basically, to take exercise slowly.  These days I do everything slowly!!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment