Monday, March 11, 2013

Menu Planning for March

Off and Running...

I’m off to a good start for this week’s goals.  I can already see the dining room table and I have about 3 weeks of menus to work from.  We will have an occasional leftover night and freeze individual meals for Scott.  Definitely helps in getting the most out of our grocery dollars.
I hope to try at least one new crock pot and one new main course dish each month.  Of course, modifying recipes to fit my finicky eaters can be a real pain.  M eats everything, C eats like a bird unless it’s junk and AB eats country.  Try pleasing all those palates at one time. 

So tomorrow night we are going to try a big chicken roll up.  I found the recipe on pinterest but will need to make some drastic modifications for my crown.
Ingredients
Pizza dough (can use store bought or make your own)
Two cups of diced chicken breast/tenders
Cream of soup mix (one making)
Ranch dressing to taste
Broccoli florets
Cheese (however cheesy your crew likes it)

Preheat oven at 400.  Roll out pizza dough into a triangle.  Mix together soup, ranch seasoning and add diced chicken and cheese.  Spread evenly across dough.  Remember: you are going to roll this up.  Sprinkle with some broccoli florets aka shrubbery.  I am going to nuke my broccoli for about 1 minute to soften.  Roll up like a jelly roll.  Pinch or tuck ends if you can.  Bake on greased cookie sheet or stone for 20 minutes.  Remove from oven and sprinkle a little cheese on top.
I plan to bake on my Pampered Chef bar pan stone and use parchment paper.  My oven cooks hot so I will watch carefully at 20 minutes to see if it needs to bake longer.

I am hoping this goes over well with the hoodlums and doesn’t point me out with Weight Watchers. I will post some pictures and update after dinner tomorrow.
Until then, I need to find one more crock pot recipe.  I am open to ideas or suggestions.  We seem to eat the same old same old. I really would like to add more variety in our meals especially vegetables and fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment