Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Update: Big Chicken Roll Up

With a few modifications, this will appear on the menu again.  Thorpes are finicky eaters so I made a few changes to the original recipe that I posted.

First I began with homemade pizza dough.  For real.  Making dough was much easier than I originally thought AND cheaper cause the ingredients were in the pantry.

The kitchen aid did all the work…I used a basic pizza dough recipe: 

3 cups flour
1 cup water
2 tbls olive oil
1tsp dry yeast
1tsp salt
(Additional seasonings…Italian or parm cheese)
Cover dough and let rise for about 20-30 minutes...longer if you have the time.

I mixed up my homemade cream of soup mix (very oniony, but worked in chicken mixture) added the chopped chicken and broccoli.



 Next up, spread over the dough...watch the ends, since you will roll it jelly roll style.
 

Forgot to bake on my stone bar pan. Sad face.  Will do next time.  Then I rolled it all up.

 


 Rolled up on greased, actually sprayed, pan.

 


And, the finished product.  All three girls plus Scott said it was very good.  I think the dough could have used some additional flavoring.  I may add a tablespoon of melted butter to the next one.  Of course the girls said more cheese, but I was trying to conserve some WW points.

Maddie said the dough would be great to roll a pizza up in and we may try that the next go round!  Enjoy and modify to what will work for your family.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment